Watch the video(s) of your choice (or all of them!) to answer the questions below. Make sure to copy the questions and answer in complete sentences.
1. What is the theory of continental drift?
2. Provide at least 3 pieces of evidence that support Alfred Wegner's theory of continental drift.
3. What is the theory of plate tectonics?
4. Review: What is the lithosphere?
5. Review: What is the asthenosphere?
6. What is the force behind plate tectonics (moving plates)?
7. How does the relationship between temperature and density play a role in the theory of plate tectonics?
Learn more here: http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/encyclopedia/continental-drift/?ar_a=1 if you would prefer to read!
Since Origins: The Earth is Born was produced (2004), scientists have found more evidence to narrow down the source of Earth's water: Carbonaceous Chondrite. Check it out!
Asteroids reveal secrets about Earth's past. They are responsible for both life and death on our planet. But how do scientists study asteroids? Is Earth in danger of a meteor crash?
Are you intrigued? Then check out the BBC documentary on asteroids big and small below!