1. What is a controlled experiment?
2. What is an independent variable?
3. Why is there only one independent variable in every controlled experiment?
4. What is a dependent variable?
5. What are constants?
6. Do all experiments have control groups? Explain.
1. What is a testable question?
2. What must be in every testable question?
3. Write 2 testable question formats.
1. What is a hypothesis?
2. What is the difference between a hypothesis and a theory?
3. Write the format for writing a hypothesis.
1. Why is it important to be specific when writing your experimental procedures?
2. Should any scientist be able to repeat an experimental procedure and get the same results? Explain.
3. How is sketching/drawing out the steps in your experimental procedure helpful? Explain.
Types of Scientific Investigations
1. What is a field investigation?
2. What is a secondary research investigation?
3. What is a design investigation?
4. What type of investigation are we designing in science class?