Watch the three videos below about homeostasis and human body systems, and then answer the questions in your spring break packet (also attached at the bottom of this post).
National Geographic Human Body 101
Video 3: BrainPop - Human Body Systems
BrainPop - Human Body Systems
You will make a PowerPoint presentation on a human body system with your group. The presentation only needs to be 6 slides long. You will present your project on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 when we return from break.
1. Your group will be assigned one of the below human body systems. Conduct some background research with your group. You may use the links provided to help you.
- Circulatory/Cardiovascular: BrainPop - Cardiovascular System; Discovery Kids - Cardiovascular System; CK-12 - Cardiovascular System;
- Digestive: BrainPop - Digestive System; CK-12 - Digestive System; HRM - Digestive System
- Respiratory: BrainPop - Respiratory System; Education with Vision - Respiratory System;
- Nervous: BrainPop - Nervous System; CK-12 - Nervous System
- Immune: BrainPop - Immune System; Investigating the Immune System;
2. Below is an outline of the REQUIRED slides.
- A title slide with the name of your system
- The major structures/organs in your system
- A diagram of your system
- The functions of your system
- Diseases in your system
- An example of how your system maintains homeostasis (helpful video: Homeostasis in Life)
Example PowerPoint: The Endocrine System
Controlled Experiments Review: Complete the questionnaire below to review the key elements of designing a controlled experiment. You may use your notes, any blog post, or your old lab reports to help you answer the questions.