After reading "Earth's Interior Structure and Measuring Matter", watch the BrainPop video, "Measuring Matter". Use the following username and password (MS 88's account is not working at the moment):
THEN copy and answer the questions below in complete sentences.
Due: Wednesday, March 5, 2014.
**715 and 716: note that you should ALSO check/correct the "Mid-Winter Recess Practice: Converting Units" assignment by Monday, March 3, 2014.**
1. What is matter? Highlight the vocabulary word in blue.
2. What is the difference between mass and weight? Answer in the BrainPop video.
3. What is volume? Highlight the vocabulary word in blue.
4. What are the two ways to measure volume? Answer in the BrainPop video.
5. What is density? Highlight the vocabulary word in blue.
6. How do you calculate density? Answer in the BrainPop video.
7. What is the density of water?
8. What are the parts of the lithosphere?
9. What is the asthenosphere?
10. What does it mean when scientists say the asthenosphere is "plastic"?
11. What is the unit for density?
12. What is the density of water?
13. How does temperature affect density?
14. How does temperature, pressure, and temperature change as "you travel deeper into the Earth"?
15. Why do you think density increases as "you travel deeper into the Earth"?