Watch the video below on a controlled experiment studying the effect of ozone on plants. Then answer the questions in your science notebook in complete sentences.
1. What was the question the scientists were trying to answer through this controlled experiment?
2. How were all of the plants treated the same?
3. What is a variable?
4. What is the variable (one thing changed) in this experiment?
5. What was the control/control group in this experiment?
6. What is a control/control group?
7. What do the scientists measure/record everyday in this experiment?
8. Why do you think it is important that scientists only test one variable in an experiment?