All homework and announcements will now be posted on the Google Classroom Stream "wall".
Watch the video and answer the questions that follow. Make sure the write the questions and answers.
Due Tuesday, June 3, 2014
1. What are the three features that make a plane "aerodynamic"?
2. What is an airfoil?
3. A plane's wing is nearly _______________ on the bottom and ___________ on top.
4. When air flows over the curved top of the wing, it creates a _________ pressure area. That ______ pressure will _________________ the wing as it moves through the air.
5. All airplanes have movable sections on their wings and tail called __________________________.
IPW Group assignments have been emailed to your MS 88 gmail accounts. Please keep in mind that your teachers did their absolute best to give everyone either their first or second choice.
On Friday, we will be visiting Aruliden, a brand strategy and product design firm. We will also be visiting the AIGA National Design Center to see an exhibit called "Century: 100 Years of Type in Design". Read the below information to get some background information about Aruliden and the design exhibit. Then answer the questions that follow.
Due: Thursday, May 22, 2014 (ONLY 711)
Aruliden is a brand strategy and product design consultancy formed by Rinat Aruh and Johan Liden in 2006 to bridge the gap between design and marketing.
Browse the "What We Do" tab at Aruliden's website: http://www.aruliden.com/capability/producting, then take a look at some of their work under the "Work" tab.
Century: 100 Years of Type in Design
On view at the AIGA National Design Center (May 1–June 18)
The “Century” exhibition features a range of artifacts representing the evolution of typeface. Typeface is a fancy way of describing a family of fonts. The exhibition includes typeface production drawings by the preeminent designers of the last 100 years, proofs, type posters and announcement broadsides are supplemented by publications, advertising, ephemera and packaging.
1. What is a "brand"? (hint: look at Aruliden's website)
2. What is "packaging"? (hint: look at Aruliden's website)
3. What is one example of a product Aruliden has designed? (hint: look at the "work" tab at Aruliden's website)
4. Write 1 question for the people who work at Aruliden.
5. What is typeface?
6. Write 1 question you have about the "Century" exhibit.
- Stay away from answers.com, wikianswers.com, and any personal blogs/websites
- Focus on websites that end with .edu, .gov, .org
- Focus on your specific IV and DV
Below are some suggested articles:
Watch the video below on maintaining a healthy circulatory system. Then write 3 questions for ANOTHER classmate on an INDEX CARD from information on the video.
Due Tuesday, May 6, 2014